NO MOLD, NATURALLY

Mold vs. Mildew

Mold and mildew are two “M’s” that you really don’t want to hear about or experience as a homeowner. Both are a type of fungi, and they are nothing but a hassle when found in the home. Tile grout starts to flake off and look unappealing. Members of the household start to experience allergy symptoms. While both forms of fungi are similar, they are no the same. Both aren’t welcome in the home, and require different types of treatment options to get them out.

Mildew is on the milder side. It is less likely to be lethal and is easier to treat in the home. It typically has a white powdery appearance and is found on the surface of walls and other areas. Occasionally it is tinted yellow. Store bought cleaner and a scrub brush usually works well when it comes to removing it. But, if it is left alone for too long, it can become a bigger issue. When you see it, treat it!

The more serious fungi is mold. If you see different colored patches of black, green, brown or red you are most likely dealing with some type of mold. If you can see it, it is usually part of a bigger infestation that can cause damages to your house. Some people are allergic to mold and experience headaches, asthma, and eye issues. It is important to treat mold as soon as you see it in order to prevent further infestation and issues.

When it comes to treatment for mold and mildew, it depends on the size of the infestation. If it is small and generally seen on the surface, it may be able to be treated with a store bought the cleaner. Make sure the area is well ventilated and that windows are open. A fan will also help! Wear a mask and gloves when using the cleaners, as most have toxic ingredients.

If you are unable to determine how severe the issue is, consulting a professional is your best chance of ridding yourself of the problem. If the infestation proves to be more than just a surface problem, a mold removal service will take care of it for you. Relieve some stress knowing that all issues are resolved and the home is safe again. Professionals have the skills needed to locate the source of the infestation, and the tools and supplies needed in order to get rid of the problem and ensure that it doesn’t return.