NO MOLD, NATURALLY

Mold Effects

When it comes to mold, there are more than 100,000 different varieties and all of them can be harmful. Those exposed to different types of mold may not feel the effects of it right away, but over time your health is in jeopardy. There are over 30 different health problems that have been linked to mold exposure, the most common being allergies, asthma, and other respiratory issues.

The mold itself is not what is hazardous to the body. But, the mold produces mycotoxins that lead to health issues. On the minor side are rashes, but on the larger scale are different cancers. It all depends on what type of mold you have been exposed to, and for how long you were exposed to it.

The most common reaction to mold is allergy-like symptoms, with some experiences more symptoms than others. The length and type of exposure will determine the gravity of the symptoms that you are feeling. If your eyes are itchy, you are coughing, experiencing shortness of breath, have a stuffy nose or a sore throat, or have skin irritation, you may have been exposed to mold.

For those with asthma, mold can also trigger attacks. One may feel tightness in the chest, coughing, wheezing, shortness of breath and other symptoms. In children, exposure to mold can sometimes lead to an asthma diagnosis. Chronic sinus infections are also linked to mold exposure.

If you have pets, it is important to know that they are affected by mold in the same ways that we are. When they are exposed to mold, they can have difficulty breathing and may be wheezing, coughing, scratching, and licking to show that they are uncomfortable. Don’t let them ingest mold! Pets that eat mold can experience body tremors and muscle spasms.

If there is any concern with mold in your home, it is best to contact a professional with experience in finding the mold and the cause of it, while providing a solution to get it out of your home once and for all. Mold is no joke, and improper handling can cause it to spread and lead to further sickness for loved ones living in the home. It may seem like a minor issue, but you never know where else it could be lurking. The mold doesn’t always make itself visible, and those trained in the field know exactly where to look to find it.